We all have to start somewhere, right? Those first thoughts, the first words and that all important first step,
When you have your own business, it is very easy to get bogged down in all of the things that you have to do to keep your business afloat. In my own spiritual counselling and therapeutic coaching practice, I understand that feeling all too well. Recently, I decided to take a step back and feel into the things that really made me happy. When I really allowed myself to dream, I knew what they were. To write, connect with people, speak, teach at workshops and retreats and travel. So that is what I am going to do.
Hence, my first blog. Writing, check. Connecting, check. Doing what you love feels really good and I want that for you.
I have an exercise that I do to determine if something is right for me - if it feels good. Many of us "think" our way into situations and then wonder how in the hell we got there. This exercise takes your out of your head and into your body, which is a far more authentic decision maker than your brain. I invite you to try it out to see what feels good to you:
1) Close your eyes and think back to a time (even if it was a long time ago!) when you were doing something you really loved.
2) Remember the feeling that it gave you to do that thing. What was the feeling? Where was it in your body?
3) Amplify that feeling from wherever it is. Make it bigger. What colour is this feeling? What shape is it? Give it a real identity. THIS IS YOUR YES!
4) Now do the same process remembering a time when you were doing something you weren't enjoying very much. THIS IS YOUR NO!
5) Make this "checking in with your body" thing a daily practice. It's like when you start running or exercising at the gym. It's hard at first but it gets easier the more you do it.
So, when someone asks you to do something, check in. Is your YES giving you the thumbs up? Do it. If your NO is tingling, side step it like you were on Strictly...if you are able. I say, if you are able because sometimes we need to do things we REALLY don't want to because we have responsibilities to pay a mortgage or school fees or electricity or food. I understand. I really do. Yet I believe (and it has been my own personal experience) that more times than we think, we DO have choices and we can say "NO" but we talk ourselves out of what feels good to us because we are afraid, we doubt ourselves, we feel stuck or maybe we are too busy trying to live up to someone else's expectations.
Only you know why you say yes to things you want to say no to, but I am here to tell you that to live an ILLIMITABLE life means following your heart.
Following your gut.
Following your soul.
Because, guess what? That zinging, flipping, tingling YES, is YOU. The true YOU wanting you to live your life fully, without limits. So, say YES to you. Who knows where it may lead you?
Are you READY?
Illimitable You, Illimitable Living